INTERESTED IN BECOMING A SOCIAL MEDIA AMBASSADOR FOR WISCONSIN AHEC
The mission of the Wisconsin AHEC Ambassadors is to increase awareness about the Wisconsin AHEC organization through personal advocacy. This program will accomplish this goal in several ways:
- Ambassadors are enthusiastic and dedicated AHEC Alumni members who are excited to
share their story to help elevate awareness of AHEC.
- Ambassadors are passionate about healthcare careers and are committed to keeping abreast of news, relevant issues and events that are related to healthcare careers.
- Ambassadors have the ability to participate in events and contribute to future Wisconsin AHEC programs.
Here’s How You Can Get Involved:
By becoming a social media ambassador for Wisconsin AHEC you can help share our message and spread awareness for our organization. We are looking for individuals who are active on social media and have a passion for healthcare careers. Submit your application here.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
What Does A Social Media Ambassador Do?
As a Wisconsin AHEC Social Media Ambassador, you can participate in minimum of two suggested activities per year:
- Post within the Wisconsin AHEC Alumni Association Facebook Group (Facebook/LinkedIn) once a quarter
- Share Wisconsin AHEC’s Facebook or Twitter posts once a month from your own personal channels
- Post about healthcare careers or related news on your own personal or business blog at least once a month using the hashtag #WIAHEC
- Distribute Wisconsin AHEC promotional materials (brochures, infographics, posters, etc.) in your community—e.g. hospitals, clinics, senior centers, retirement communities, veterans centers, libraries, etc.
- Create one or more blog post(s) to share on the Wisconsin AHEC website
Ambassadors will submit reports on completed projects within one week of the activity/project.
*Ambassadors serve a one-year term and are eligible to re-apply on an annual basis.
Why Become A Social Media Ambassador For WI AHEC?
We’re sure you know just how important it is for us to reach future students interested in healthcare careers. As a social media ambassador, you’ll make an invaluable contribution to spreading the message of Wisconsin AHEC. This will enable us to engage more students in our programming, impacting the healthcare workforce within Wisconsin.
It’s also important to us to stay in touch with you! We want to know about the great work you’re doing, where you’ve decided to put your health career interests to work, and involve you in opportunities whatever stage of practice or education you’re in.
Benefits For You:
While supporting Wisconsin AHEC, volunteering as a social media ambassador will be a beneficial experience for you too. This is a great opportunity to show your followers that you are involved in your community. You can share your passion for the projects and programs we are involved in and give your social media community something new and exciting to participate in. You will also be able to add “Wisconsin AHEC Ambassador” to your social media profiles and resume.
Will Wisconsin AHEC Provide Support?
Yes, Wisconsin AHEC will provide support and recognition through the following methods:
- Ambassadors will have access to online informational resources.
- Wisconsin AHEC will recognize Ambassadors on our website, in newsletters and through social media.
- Wisconsin AHEC will promote events and activities groups by listing meeting times and
locations on the Wisconsin AHEC website and Facebook page.
- Wisconsin AHEC will share Ambassador blog posts, Facebook posts, Tweets and LinkedIn posts on Wisconsin AHEC sites.
If you have any questions, please contact Scenic Rivers AHEC Executive Director, Laura Pettersen.