Offering Wisconsin students educational enrichment opportunities, internships, and academic programs, to nurture and support interest in health careers.
- AHEC Scholars – A two-year interprofessional program that prepares students in Wisconsin nationwide program for a diverse, skilled primary care workforce in rural and underserved communities.
- Health Career Camp – Health Careers Camps are five day programs held around the state of Wisconsin. These camps allow the students to experience first hand the challenges, opportunities and rewards of health professions.
- Wisconsin Express – Week-long immersion experience for college students in all health professions held annually in mid-May at about a dozen regional sites, with selected additional offerings during Spring Break.
- Community Health Internship Program – Summer intern programs provide hands-on learning opportunities for students and assistance to local health departments.
- Primary Care Clerkship (PCC) – 3rd year medical students at University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- Preceptorship – 4th year medical students at University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- Interprofessional Healthcare Case Competition – Teams of students from a variety of health disciplines are given the opportunity to conduct an analysis of the interprofessional efforts during the care of a patient/client.
- Global Health Institute Training Workshop – High school students interested in pursuing a career in the field of health care to learn about the topic of Global Health and gain a better understanding of how social circumstances and environmental resources influence health.
- AHEC Alumni
- Health Career Website
- Budget Advocacy
- Wisconsin Academy of Rural Medicine (WARM) – University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- Wisconsin Public Health Association – Career Center
- The Center for Patient Partnerships
- Wisconsin Primary Health Care Association
- Wisconsin Primary Care Programs – Maps and Data
- Local Public Health