Providing resources for continuing education, statewide collaboration, and program sites resulting in a well-trained and culturally competent health care workforce.
Opportunities to Become a Mentor
- Health Career Camp (for high school students) – apply to be a camp counselor – applications accepted in the beginning of January.
- Community Health Internship Program (CHIP) – undergraduate and first year graduate students
- Primary Care Clerkship (PCC) – 3rd year medical students at University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- Preceptorship – 4th year medical students at University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- Explore Wisconsin
- Health Career Curriculum – Our program staff has created curriculum to be presented at local high schools and other health classes. Contact us for details about how to bring an AHEC program to your community.
- Budget Advocacy
- Wisconsin Public Health Association – mentor toolkit
- Education Resources for Health Professionals: Wisconsin AHEC maintains listings of current education opportunities for health professionals. See our listing of education resources including Continuing Education, Distance Education and Cultural Information websites.